Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beautiful Angel

Yes thats right Brat Boss is the beautiful angel...she's 5'4"..so how big is this angel????..I have an obsession for odd headstones... crazy huh! I love this one....see the angel is holding a rag in her hand...why would this beautiful angel hold an old rag!!!!...well see the tablet leaning against the cross is blank....the angel just wipe the slate clean....wow!The McMillan Angel, Asa McMillan (1797-1855)

Famously beautiful Italian marble angel standing before a large granite cross. The book is blank to signify a new beginning in death

2 comments:

  1. That is a great old headstone! I think you just inspired my next photo trek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    Pleased to meet you and thanks for the comment on my piccies, it seems we share a passion for graveyards and headstones - I put that album up so you could have a looksee,after noticing this headstone on your site, (which I think is probably one of the most unusual stones I've seen to date, so a big thanks for sharing it).
    I'll get around to adding the rest at somepoint- as soon as I figure out a quicker way to load them than 3 at a time... lol
    have a great day
    love n hugs
    debs
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...