Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Where is home?


I grew up in the country! On the outskirts of a small town, and I do mean small. We only had one stop light in the whole town. My family is from many counties of southeast Kentucky. Floyd County Kentucky is the best place around. You know I wanted to be a CITY GIRL!! I was gonna leave the country and never go back! Well I left. I have lived in many states and even overseas and couldn't wait to get back to the country, I was sick of the city! Nobody even knows their neighbors. I also believed my BRATS were missing out on good experiences of country living. Well It did take me years to get home...Home is in the Country....

1 comment:

  1. Frankie's a country girl. Grew up in a town so small it only had 3 stop signs and no traffic light. She left and was never going back. She lived in bug cities, met me, a city boy who has lived all over and travelled the globe in the service. Twenty years later we packed it in and moved to within 10 mies of that little town she grew up in and we're never going to leave. You are so right,home is the country!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...