Friday, October 23, 2009

A Big Baby


Today I was reading Leah's post about her purchase of a new car seat. Boy that brought back lots of memories. Yeah I remember those days of lugging car seats, diaper bags and everything in my house around with me. I was one of those that carried everything I could possibly need. While reading her post, the first thing I thought of was Executive Brat. Let me tell you he was a big baby! At 7 months of age he weighed 32lbs, 32lbs! I had to order special shoes for him, because nobody carried his size! Oh back then my arms were in great shape! Ok back to car seats, imagine carrying this big Charlie Brown looking brat and bags to the car whew exhausting. Every time I would wrestle him into the car seat. He would kick, swing his arms and arch his back. The entire time he would scream I'm driving I'm driving. He wasn't even a year old! Sometimes those days were just exhausting! So my friends I know motherhood is exhausting and hard at times. Its alright cause you will look back and cherish all of it!

12 comments:

  1. I couldnt agree more..I think being mom is the best thing ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that someday I'll feel the way you do, but for now I'm looking forward to when I won't have a whining baby and crying toddler in the car with me and will have lugged a 20-pound diaper bag around all day. Whew, motherhood is definitely tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 32 Pounds? What a chub!!! SO SO SO cute. My girls are so tiny in comparison. At 4 Raina is just 30 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this. Even now I look to when I had 3 buckled up in the back seat..18 months between two of them and 3 years away from those two was the baby. But they were toddlers and a baby. Wow, going to the stores...whew. We are super human when we are moms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bringing up the little ones, mothers take all their time and give it away. Even when a mother is asleep, it's with an ear open for one little murmur form a child. That is a beautiful bit of magic, but it's very tiring too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun memories. I can't believe how many hours I would have to hold my kids too. Now my arms are looking flabby. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The entire time he would scream I'm driving I'm driving" - cute memories.

    http://bluepixo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your blog so I am giving you an award! Please accept it @ http://www.wholelottamama.info/2009/10/another-wonderful-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodmorning;) I have selected you for an award..stop on over and pick it up!
    http://daysnoctober2009.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 32 pounds at 7 months! Wow! My daughter is 7 months and she weighs 13 pounds (she is tiny though). Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I thought my little girl was a big baby!
    She weighed 9lbs 00z. when she was born. But
    your big guy:0) had her beat. btw I have
    a award waiting for you on my blog! Please
    come and accept it. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...