Friday, January 22, 2010

Yes I Will Have A New Son!


Many of us make New Years resolutions with the best intentions to keep them. Few of us follow through with our resolutions. I made my 2010 resolution before Christmas. See I took my son to the Dr. for a check up. When Executive Brat stepped on the scale for his weight my heart dropped. Now I knew he put on some weight. In the car ride home it was all I could think about. I know my Brat was thinking about it too. I glanced at him in the rear-view mirror. He simply looked sad. I kept thinking how did this happen. Of course I know how weight gain happens. Our life style changed when we moved to this small town. Before the move, we went hiking alot, played laser tag, bowling, karate and bike riding. This small town we live in just doesn't have much to offer for kids to do. Oh and I'm not hiking anywhere around here. It is not safe! If you didn't know; I live in Tennessee. The Bible Belt. Tennessee is the 2nd fattest state. Its the food that is eaten in Tennessee. On my sons school lunch menu for one day list this!

Breakfast: Chicken and Biscuit
Poptart and milk

Lunch: Salisbury Steak/Gravy
Mac and Cheese
Creamed Peas
Butter Roll
Fruit Cocktail
Choc. Cake


Wow after all that kids are also having big dinners!
Executive Brat is the smallest of his friends! His weight and BMI put him at risk for to many health problems to come. This just isn't acceptable for me. As a mother it is my job to care of him. I threw out all bad foods from my house. I bought and placed an exercise bike in my living room. The rule that applys here is "while playing xbox RIDE the bike!" Also to support his weight loss. I have put me and Tarzan on a diet too! Tarzan has made some complaints when I wont buy some high sugar products. I simply remind him to be an example. I can tell you that this was very hard in the beginning. However I want my Brat to be healthy and happy. He is doing a great job and has lost 9lbs so far. You know before we moved here I use to workout everyday. I watched what I ate and we were healthy. So I'm excited about our weight loss plan. I know we will all feel better. So that's my New Year Resolution!

9 comments:

  1. I wish you guys the best with this...I too am trying really hard to lose the weight Ive packed on alot since Ive been with my "joshy" in the last 3 years and well its been so easy packing it on and not as easy getting it off but IM still trying

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get moving again too... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, sounds like you guys are doing great! It's so hard to not let life take control and then all the sudden you're like, when did that happen!? I think it's great everyone is working together, great support! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud of you, that is being a wonderful mother! It's important to show the kids what's right by example, and you are doing it right.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great plan! I have the opposite problem -- my kids barely eat. Ugh! It's never easy I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken and a biscuit? Pop tarts? Gravy? That is horrible! Well, it sounds like you are doing an amazing job as a mother, watching out for your son. I live in Arkansas and I'm pretty sure our state is up there in fatty town, too. Good luck to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin your resolution! You can and will do it!

    You go girl, change that small town!

    Yours in health,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is some school menu! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes I do like Tennessee! I just live in a very small town. My town doesnt like change its been stuck in time....since the 50's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...