Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Kitchen Remodel


This past weekend, Tarzan and I redid the floor in our kitchen. This was not a planned project. Our tile floor has been cracking for awhile now. It was looking awful. You could actually pick up the pieces of tile like a puzzle! Our kitchen floor was sagging. Tarzan and his Dad crawled under the house and discovered the support beams were cut into for the plumbing. I have a fairly new home! Oh just so you know Tennessee has lack building codes. Therefore the beams had to have support added and I got a new floor! YES! I chose a brick color because I have no color in my kitchen. This is a wood laminate that snaps together. It is gorgeous and easy to clean. My kitchen looks bigger now and not like a dark hole in my house. lets see counters next and hmmm. Here are some photos of my new kitchen. excuse the mess on my counters.


Many of you know from reading older post that I make wine. Well I had (still do) alot of wine bottles stored everywhere. I was running out of storage. Tarzan made me some awesome wine racks above my cabinets for storage that holds over 100 bottles. They are empty bottles for now. However I do have 20 gallons almost ready for bottling. these are the pics of my wine racks.

15 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous kitchen!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, very nice! And I'm in love with those wine racks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The kitchen looks great. I did not know about the wine. Great storage idea!!!! :O)

    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What mess on the counters? I love the new tile! It does make the room larger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your floor!! and wine racks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the wine racks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Kitchen!!!
    Following you from MBC, would love for you to follow me back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I love DIY projects with my hubby. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this kitchen has bugged me since I have lived here! As you can tell it is alot of wood (there is no drywall in my home) and no natural light. its very dark in there. many times I have thought about painting those cabinets! i still may

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by today and following! I love your blog. I was looking through your posts from this week...we did our kitchen last winter. What a project since we tiled and had to pull all that particle board up (tough)! Our next step will be putting hardwoods in the living room and dining room and redoing our little half bath. Most likely starting in February. I will be posting pics when we get there. Love your new color. Doesn't it make a huge difference. Was that the swiftlock stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that looks awsome! Just stopping by from MBC, great blog! Come follow me back when you get a chance!

    Diane
    http://turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your kitchen and blog. I grew up about an hour from Athens Tn, Copperhill TN....
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the wine racks. What kind of wine do you make? My Mom had a friend that made dandelion wine years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks great :) What an amazing difference. Love your choice of flooring.

    (PS visiting you from MBC comment club)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing job! I'm a new follower from MBC. I look forward to reading more of your beautiful blog! I hope to see you at my place. Have a great night!

    www.reviewretreat.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...